Red Hat have today announced the general availability of Red Hat Satellite 6.4
— Red Hat Satellite (@RedHatSatellite) October 16, 2018
Here are the relevant links for further information:
- Release announcement Red Hat Satellite 6.4 is now generally available
- Satellite 6.4 Release Notes
- Upgrading and Updating Red Hat Satellite 6.4
- Monitoring Red Hat Satellite – collect and view metrics from Satellite using Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) and Grafana
- Red Hat Satellite Technical Overview Course on Udemy – a free course by John Spinks based on Satellite 6.4
And some general links:
- Red Hat Satellite Github Repositories – community scripts and code to help manage Red Hat Satellite
- Red Hat Satellite Discussions
If you are currently running Satellite 6.3 with Puppet 3, you will need to update Puppet first by following the Upgrading Puppet Guide in Satellite 6.3 and then take a look at Upgrading to Puppet 5 in Satellite 6.4 You must ensure that all of your Puppet modules are compatible with Puppet 5.
If you are running Satellite 6.3 and want to remain on that version for a while longer, you might also want to know that Satellite 6.3.4 has just been released
What feature are you looking forward to trying out most? Leave a comment below.