When running Veritas Storage Foundation or Infoscale on RHEL, it is best practice to review the compatibility requirements that link the Veritas products and patches to the version of RHEL you are running. Certainly there are growing pressures in all enterprises to apply the latest Operating System patches to the environment. However, running a simple ‘yum update‘ on a server that takes you from one minor RHEL release to another may result in incompatibility. At best you may have a running system that is unsupported, at worst you could end up with an unbootable system. Consequently it pays to spend some time reviewing the requirements before updating.
Here are some helpful links for the case of RHEL 7.6 where Veritas have provided the following patches to support this new RHEL update:
- Storage Foundation 6.2.1 Support for RHEL 7.6 is included with patch sfha-rhel7_x86_64-Patch-18.104.22.1680
- Infoscale 7.2 Support for RHEL 7.6 is included with patch infoscale-rhel7_x86_64-Patch-22.214.171.1240
- Infoscale 7.3.1 Support for RHEL 7.6 is included with patch infoscale-rhel7_x86_64-Patch-126.96.36.199
- Infoscale 7.4 Support for RHEL 7.6 is included with patch infoscale-rhel7_x86_64-Patch-188.8.131.520
- Infoscale 7.4.1 Support for RHEL 7.6 is included without any additional patches
Disclaimer: the links here are for convenience only – always double check the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website and the Qualified Kernel for InfoScale/SFHA product family page for the latest updates.
Historically, Veritas have provided pages for the older RHEL releases which provide a similar summary. Here are the links: